Ethan's address in Mexico

Elder Ethan Schaeffer Runyan
Mexico Tuxtla Gutierrez Mission
Calle Jazmines #210
Fracc. Los Laureles
29020 Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas
Mexico

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

In full swing, and sickess ensues!

The start of the week was Saturday (seems weird to say) and it was Conference Generale!
Me gusta Conference Generale! It was awesome to hear from all of the apostles and the prophet!
The one that hit me during the morning session on Saturday was "Rescue in unity" by Elder Chi Hong Wong. Not only was it good because it was spoken in Cantonese, but I also liked the topic of unity. I am not the best at working with people and would sometimes rather do my own work or personal study, and I needed to hear that to help me work on being more united with my companion, district, zone, and all other missionaries. Saturday night it was Tad R. Callister that hit me. He talked about how parents are the prime gospel teachers for their children. I need to be doing my best work through my entire life, and my most important investigators are going to be my children. they are going to carry my family name on, and i want to make sure they are living righteous lives, and that they have the gospel, and keep the commandments. I also need to find a worthy companion who will be with me 100% when teaching our children. I realized that I need to really pray, and know what to look for in an EC (Eternal Companion). MTC lingo. Super fun stuff. Priesthood session was all good stuff, but the one that hit me was from Uchtdorf. "lord is it I?" I had a really long deep thought about that. It was eye opening, and extremely helpful. I want to challenge all of you to do the sane thing. look inward at yourself, and ask if you are doing all that you can.

   Sunday was more conference, and relaxation.Nothing really had me up against the wall during the morning session. It was pretty good though. Then we had a nice lunch (not) (the food still sucks) and then on to the afternoon session. The talk that stuck out to me was Elder Larry S. Kacher s talk on trifling not with sacred things. It stuck out to me because I have been hearing that phrase a lot lately. it makes me think its important. lol. After that we had a nice long time for a nap, and then Sunday devotional. The speaker was VAI SIKAHEMA!!!!! Sickest thing ever!!! He talked to us about how The best way to do missionary work is to always open your mouth and talk about the church. You never know who you are going to convert around you. Then I got to talk to him for a min and take a pic!!!! it was the raddest thing ever!!! 

   Monday was pretty normal all day with bad food, mi companero is still moi enfermo. Oh well. so we got to sleep a little extra. Then after a lot of scripture study that day, he asked for a blessing. I was shocked. So we went into a room with everyone from our zone (about 40 people) and I gave my first blessing with a huge circle! It was totally nerve racking at first. There was a long silence, and then all at once the words started to flow. I had no idea what I was saying. It was incredible. I have never felt that feeling before! I had to go look up one of their words that I said because I didn't even know what it meant!!! Instant self conversion right there!!! As soon as i said amen, everyone said amen, and backed away from the circle with one synonymous cough! it was awesome to hear everyone after, and how they felt the spirit so strongly in the room. THE PRIESTHOOD IS TRUE!!!

   Tuesday was pretty average. I still wasn't sick. We taught some people, including our first real investigator, and it was super cool. I felt the spirit a lot. It was way cool to see the glow in their eyes! (thanks Kim Osborne) and we got them to say the closing prayer, and we gave them a book of Mormon!

   Wednesday was just a normal day, other than i did a little trio number on the piano with some elders that we met. It was kinda cool. Video is in the dropbox somewhere! It was super cool, and super dumb. but i got to rattle off some of my piano skills for a couple of the companionships from my district. Good stuff, and a good way to let of some emotion. MUSIC IS THE BEST RELEASE.

   Thursday was cool, we got to meet with our real investigator again, and she said she really felt that when she prayed about the book that it was true! so we talked to her about repenting, and baptism. It was mad real. Super slick stuff! We also taught members, which was super cool because they help us too. They are embers acting as members. One of them was an East High graduate from 51'! he was super exited, and jumped up and gave me a big hi 5!!! That was super cool! Then we taught our new fake investigator named "jose" He is super hard and asks deep doctrinal question;s about god. I was able to answer a few of them but he stumped me on a couple. After that we went home, and I stayed up till 1:00 reading the BOM I am going to try to finish it before I leave the MTC. I am almost done with 2nd Nephi, and i have only been reading for 2 days. I also already finished D&C in its entirety. That has some super cool, deep, outright stuff in it! WOW!

Querria Que Estes Aqui!
      Elder Runyan 

Scripture of the week : Jacob 5:49 Read it. Ponder it. Act upon what you discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment