Ethan's address in Mexico

Elder Ethan Schaeffer Runyan
Mexico Tuxtla Gutierrez Mission
Calle Jazmines #210
Fracc. Los Laureles
29020 Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas
Mexico

Friday, October 24, 2014

Dos Mas Dias En La CCM!!!

Im legitimately stoked out of my mind to leave!!!

I have been feeling such a strong spirit lately in the MTC. It has been one of the most amazing experiences of my life so far for sure. I almost wish that i could be here for a little longer. I Really eant to get to mexico though! I kinda dont want to leave because sending physical mail will be much harder than it is here, but I know that i have such a potential to teach out there in Tuxtla. THis week has been really slow without district b goofin around with us all the time. I really miss the lot of em. Quick shoutout to all of you guys in district 141 B! West side for life!!! 

Elder Harris from the other district had a passport mishap so he was able to spend the night with us and leave early Tuesday morning. I was able to teach some fake investigators with him, and learned a lot, and it was neat to have him hang around with us.

The tuesday devo was absolutely swell. I was able to pick up on a lot of things from what he said, and I feel incredibly lucky to have been able to hear his talk. But the thing that hit me the hardest was something that he may have only briefly mentioned. Insomuch that i missed it while writing a sentence of notes. I felt the prompting from the spirit, and was able to receive excellent personal revelation though. It was about how 2 years is actually a really long time. I need to use my time more wisely so that i can learn as much as possible while my spiritual power is at its peak. I don't want to have any regrets in mexico or the rest of my life thinking that I needed to have spent more time learning or studying the scriptures or the gospel in some way so that I can teach the people of mexico and everyone i meet through my entire life, about the incredible spirit that comes with the message of the restored gospel. It was really shocking to me. I don't think my brain subconsciously knows that i am going to be gone on the lords errand for two years. I think it thinks i am coming home on Monday. 

We finally got to host the new missionaries on Wednesday, and it was absolutely swell!!! I got to meet a couple of elders who are going to the Salt lake mission! sadly I forgot their names... But i will try to track them down so I can get the info off to all of mi amigos y famillia en SLC!!! 

Infield orientation was yesterday, and it was super fun, and super boring all at the same time... Im really not sure how that works... They basically taught us everything we don't already know about the field. TONS of information.

Also, Craziness is going on. I HAVE FINISHED READING THE BOOK OF MORMON!
It has been such a blessing in my life, and has been such a massive help here in the MTC, and I know that it will be through my life, and it can be in all of yours too. I pray that you will all read it, and ask if it is true, so that you can know for yourself, all of the incredible joy, and glory we have in store for us!

People ive seen in the MTC this week:
Preston Brown
Kaiu 

We have permission to be on for the next 2 days before we leave, so HMU!

Scripture of the week : Alma 33:14 Read it. Ponder it. Act upon what you discover.

Querria que estes aqui!
                    Elder Runyan







No comments:

Post a Comment