Ethan's address in Mexico

Elder Ethan Schaeffer Runyan
Mexico Tuxtla Gutierrez Mission
Calle Jazmines #210
Fracc. Los Laureles
29020 Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas
Mexico

Monday, November 24, 2014

Buenas Dias Amigos, Amigas, y Famillia!!!

CRAZY FUN WEEK!!!

Tuesday : WOW. What a day! Warm bucket shower and some excercize to start off, then a good breakfast and a bunch of scripture reading in all spanish which was awesome, Then we studied Tsotsil for an hour and then headed out to entrevistas or so we thought... We got there and nobody showed up to se just sat for a while and talked with the elders and then we stopped on the way back in Zanatapec and had an awesome buffet lunch for free. THen we came back and headed to the noche hogar at the church which was awesome. Then we went to victor and alejandras house to give victor for his broken ribs ( he fell off of the scaffolding in front of his house. lol "scaffolding" some sticks and a bigger stick to stand on. But long story short, we gave him the blessing and then i recieved a crazy strong testimony right in the moment about being greatful for our trials and tribulations. It was super strong so i decided to share it, and the spanish flowed better thatn it ever had, and everyone in the room was crying including me. I realized that i am in Mexico for a reason that i dont really understand but that god has a plan for me that i dont need to know. I just need to have faith in him, and let him guide me, and be thankful for everything that I have and dont have.

Wednesday : Im not gonna lie. It sucked. I didnt sleep at all for some reason, and then we went out, had a bunch of failure lessons, and my spanish was terrible. I tried to stay thankful. Then we came home and i was flipping through my music book to get my mind off of stuff and started playing stand by me, and it reminded me of Andy and Caden. If you two read this, I love you tons and miss you tons. You have always been and will always be my best friends. #ACE for life.

Thursday : Didnt sleep at all. Lopez turned off my alarm so i could sleep longer becasue he is a stud, and then the other elders came over to practice stuff from the "primera 12 semanas" book and we made french toast. It was super helpful. Then we planned for the next week, and then we went to the cyber to finish off my training stuff which never workds so i printed off, and downloaded "SHADOW" by BLEACHERS. Yes thats a shoutout to the so cal crew. I miss yall. And I miss your sweet playlists Mads. Then while heading out to our first appt we ran into a giant line of semi trucks that were pained like animals and so we went to go take a look and it was a crazy traveling circus!!! They had all sorts of animals including monkeys which i got to hold, a bengal tiger ( I miss my bengals) (That was another shoutout) and a camel which i ki¿ssed and is the pic thats there. AWESOMEEEE!!! Then we had a couple appointments which all went quite well and then we rode Hno. Victors triciclo back to our casa and played some guitar which was bien chito.

Friday : EVENTFUL DAY. Like the rest. So we had to kill a goat for Alejandras birthday. That was a little hard to do. Then we went to Hna. Florindas house to have some comida and she got some brand new perritos which were super cute, and that was fun. Then we taught another guitar class, and that is always a grand old time. Then a bunch of the kids asked if i would play and sing a song for them so I did "Hallelujah" bu Jeff Buckley and they all applauded at the end and a bunch of them kept saying I should try out for Mexico Tiene Talento which is the mexican version of americas got talent. I was falttered. maybe in 2 years. Then we went to teach The Yatziri family which is the family that speaks Tsotsil, and it went pretty decent actually. They spoke more spanish than we thought, and E. Lopez is pretty good with tsotsil. But they are going to have the ward members teach them instead becasue the language is overwhelming...

Saturday : Superb Day!
I woke up and studied for a short time becasue we had to be at the church at 9 because guess what... TODAY I BAPTIZED MY VERY FIRST CONTACTIN MY MISSION! It was Yuridia Martinez! It was awesome! SHe looked so happy when she came out of the water! I am so blessed to have had the priveledge! Then we went to Alejandras cumpleaƱos and ate that goat and sat around for a while. Boring. But it was still pretty fun. Then we went back to the church and practiced our presentation for tomorrow.

Sunday : Pretty swell day to be honest. Me frickin gusta sundays in Ixhuatan. They are so chill. We headed to the church early, finished up some pieces of our presentation, and then we presented and had interviews from the mission pres. Superb. I havent had one yet so it was good. He is such a cool guy. He also told me that i might be moved to San cristo becasue this area is really easy and they want to move some of the sisters who are really struggling to this area. SWEET!!! San cristo is colder. And more jungley. RThen we had a couple lessons with Braullio and then went to the church for lopez and bradshaw to do something and so elder mena and I slept for about an hour. I have been here for a month I guess... Woah. 

Thank you all so much for your emails, and prayers for us and our investigators! They mean the world! Thanks also for all the love. And for being you. You guys are the best.

Scripture of the week : D&C 50:40-46 Read it. Ponder it. Pray about it. Act upon what you discover.

 40 Behold, ye are little children and ye cannot bear all things now; ye must grow in grace and in the knowledge of the truth.
 41 Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me;
 42 And none of them that my Father hath given me shall be lost.
 43 And the Father and I are one. I am in the Father and the Father in me; and inasmuch as ye have received me, ye are in me and I in you.
 44 Wherefore, I am in your midst, and I am the good shepherd, and the stone of Israel. He that buildeth upon this rock shall never fall.
 45 And the day cometh that you shall hear my voice and see me, and know that I am.
 46 Watch, therefore, that ye may be ready. Even so. Amen.
Ill be on for a while so hmu if you can!

Querria Que Estes Aqui!!!! 

Elder Runyan.

No comments:

Post a Comment